National Anthem case posted to March 27
Kochi: A local court Friday posted to March 27 hearing of the National Anthem case against Minister of state for HRD Shashi Tharoor.
The petitioner Joy Kaitharath made a submission in the court that he did not want to continue with the case.
The case was registered against Tharoor on the basis of a private complaint by Joy Kaitharath of Ernakulam in the Additional Chief Magistrate court stating that Tharoor had committed offences under section 3 of the Prevention of Insult to National Honour Act, 1977, enacted to prohibit desecration or insult to the country`s National Anthem.
The complainant had alleged that Tharoor had on December 16, 2008 interrupted the national anthem at a function of the Federal Bank here and had asked the audience to sing it by keeping the right hand on the left side of the chest like the Americans, instead of the attention posture.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened