Neerodi-Kanyakumari road link to ease traffic
Nagercoil: The coastal town of Neerodi in
Kerala would be linked to Kanyakumari to ease traffic in towns
including in this city, Thuckalay and Marthandam, official
They said the work on 63 km stretch, estimated to cost Rs
40 crore, would begin this year.
There was a plan to construct bridges across Panttivaikkal
at Rajakkamangalamthurai and across Tamirabarani estuary to
connect Thengapattinam and Erayammanthurai at an estimated
cost of Rs 25 crore, they said.
Vehicles could come directly from the four lane road from
Kanyakumari to this road to Neerodi and Thiruvananthapuram
airport via Poziyur and Kovalam beach. Point to Point bus
services to Thiruvananthapuram could also be operated through
this road, freeing vehicular traffic within the district, the
Kanyakumari Collector S Nagarajan had sent the proposal to
to the Government and work would start once approval was
received, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket