No specific issue of child exploitation reported: Kerala Govt
Kasargod: Inclement weather made President Pranab Mukherjee to travel by road from Mangalore airport in Karnataka to Periye in north Kerala on Friday, changing the earlier plan to cover the distance by helicopter, for attending the convocation ceremony of Central University of Kerala in Kasargod.
The alteration in the travel plan from Mangalore to Periye and back, covering a total distance of 140 km, was made as sky was found overcast, Kasargod District Collector Muhammad Sagir said.
The President arrived at the Mangalore airport at 2.30 pm. From there, he proceeded to Periye, venue of the convocation, by road due to overcast sky, the collector said.
Traffic was regulated on the way by police and security was tightened in the district and around the venue.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre