Official suspended in Kerela dress code row
Thiruvananthapuram: A circular asking women teachers to wear green blouse while attending an official function has kicked up a controversy here, prompting the government to suspend an official in the Education Department.
Department sources said KM Aliyar, District Project Officer of Sarva Sikshha Abhiyan (SSA), was suspended for issuing the circular, which triggered a row with some teachers unions alleging political motive behind it as green is the colour of the flag of Indian Union Muslim League, whose nominee holds the Education portfolio.
The circular had directed teachers to wear green blouses while attending the inaugural of a function connected with the SSA project at Ernakulam, the sources said.
The office of the Education Minister PK Abdu Rabb, however, made it clear that the department had no connection with the circular.
The minister also directed the Secretary, General Education, to take action against the official and hold an inquiry into the controversy. The function, scheduled for Tuesday, was cancelled.
A spokesperson for Rabb said, "this order appears to be a deliberate attempt to tarnish the image of the Minister and the department."
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!