Plan panel okays Rs 14,010 crore outlay for Kerala
New Delhi: The Planning Commission Friday approved the 2012-13 annual plan outlay of Rs 14,010 crore for Kerala.
There is a substantial increase in the outlay for education, healthcare, infrastructure and social sector.
The annual plan outlay for the state was approved at a meeting between Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia and Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy here.
During the meeting Ahluwalia asked the state government to give special attention to boost growth of agriculture sector as its performance had not been satisfactory in the recent years.
He pointed out that the share of agriculture and industry in the state`s gross domestic product (GDP) has fallen gradually in the recent years.
The services sector accounted for 69.7 percent of the state`s GDP, followed by industry sector 20.5 percent and agriculture sector 9.8 percent in 2011-12.
"The state was advised to take initiatives aimed at reviving interest in agriculture including crop diversification and allied sectors. Need for power tariff revision and unbundling of state electricity board was also suggested," according to a statement released by the Planning Commission.
Chandy said the actual investment in the state was expected to be far greater than the planned outlay as the government would actively promote public-private-partnership (PPP) for infrastructure development.
Chandy said apart from agriculture there will be substantial increase in outlay for social sector, including education and public healthcare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical