Plea against Pillai’s early release declined
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday declined to entertain former Kerala chief minister VS Achuthanandan`s plea challenging the release of former state minister R Balakrishna Pillai on remission of sentence.
An apex court bench headed by Justice P Sathasivam told counsel for Achuthanandan to move the Kerala High Court if he has any grievance.
In February, the Supreme Court upheld the conviction of Pillai in a corruption case and sentenced him to one-year imprisonment.
The former minister was convicted for corruption in awarding contracts for the supply of equipment for a power project.
He was released along with over 2,000 prisoners who were granted remission of sentence by the state government on the occasion of Kerala Formation Day on November 1.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'