Plea against Pillai’s early release declined
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday declined to entertain former Kerala chief minister VS Achuthanandan`s plea challenging the release of former state minister R Balakrishna Pillai on remission of sentence.
An apex court bench headed by Justice P Sathasivam told counsel for Achuthanandan to move the Kerala High Court if he has any grievance.
In February, the Supreme Court upheld the conviction of Pillai in a corruption case and sentenced him to one-year imprisonment.
The former minister was convicted for corruption in awarding contracts for the supply of equipment for a power project.
He was released along with over 2,000 prisoners who were granted remission of sentence by the state government on the occasion of Kerala Formation Day on November 1.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion