PMK functionary murdered in Erode
Erode: A local functionary of the Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) was murdered allegedly by a gang of at least four persons, police said on Sunday.
Selvam (45) of Pazhayapalayam in Surampatty area of the district was murdered last evening when at least four persons entered his two-wheeler repair shop and stabbed him with knives, police said.
Selvam died on the way to hospital.
Police said the culprits escaped in a van, adding that there was no political motive behind the murder.
Selvam had a few days ago warned some persons who were involved in eve-teasing, and this could be the reason behind his murder, they said.
Police have registered a murder case against the unidentified culprits.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof