PMK functionary murdered in Erode
Erode: A local functionary of the Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) was murdered allegedly by a gang of at least four persons, police said on Sunday.
Selvam (45) of Pazhayapalayam in Surampatty area of the district was murdered last evening when at least four persons entered his two-wheeler repair shop and stabbed him with knives, police said.
Selvam died on the way to hospital.
Police said the culprits escaped in a van, adding that there was no political motive behind the murder.
Selvam had a few days ago warned some persons who were involved in eve-teasing, and this could be the reason behind his murder, they said.
Police have registered a murder case against the unidentified culprits.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'