PMK functionary murdered in Erode
Erode: A local functionary of the Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) was murdered allegedly by a gang of at least four persons, police said on Sunday.
Selvam (45) of Pazhayapalayam in Surampatty area of the district was murdered last evening when at least four persons entered his two-wheeler repair shop and stabbed him with knives, police said.
Selvam died on the way to hospital.
Police said the culprits escaped in a van, adding that there was no political motive behind the murder.
Selvam had a few days ago warned some persons who were involved in eve-teasing, and this could be the reason behind his murder, they said.
Police have registered a murder case against the unidentified culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan