PMK functionary murdered in Erode
Erode: A local functionary of the Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) was murdered allegedly by a gang of at least four persons, police said on Sunday.
Selvam (45) of Pazhayapalayam in Surampatty area of the district was murdered last evening when at least four persons entered his two-wheeler repair shop and stabbed him with knives, police said.
Selvam died on the way to hospital.
Police said the culprits escaped in a van, adding that there was no political motive behind the murder.
Selvam had a few days ago warned some persons who were involved in eve-teasing, and this could be the reason behind his murder, they said.
Police have registered a murder case against the unidentified culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'