Police exchange fire with Maoists in Visakhapatnam
Visakhapatnam: Police recovered eight `kit-bags`, a rifle, and live cartridges after an exchange of fire with Maoists in a forest near Erracheruvulu village in the G K Veedhi Mandal of the district in the early hours on Sunday.
A patrolling party of police spotted a group of 15 to 20 Maoists and the latter opened fire, police said.
Police retaliated, but there were no casualties on either side, though some ultras might have been injured, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail