Police exchange fire with Maoists in Visakhapatnam
Visakhapatnam: Police recovered eight `kit-bags`, a rifle, and live cartridges after an exchange of fire with Maoists in a forest near Erracheruvulu village in the G K Veedhi Mandal of the district in the early hours on Sunday.
A patrolling party of police spotted a group of 15 to 20 Maoists and the latter opened fire, police said.
Police retaliated, but there were no casualties on either side, though some ultras might have been injured, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional