Scrutiny of Shashi Tharoor`s nomination postponed
Thiruvananthapuram: The scrutiny of nomination papers of Union Minister and Congress candidate from the Lok Sabha seat in Thiruvananthapuram Shashi Tharoor was posted to tomorrow for hearing following objections raised by the poll agent of LDF candidate when it was taken up on Monday.
CPI-M supported LDF candidate Bennet Abraham`s poll agent complained that Tharoor has not included all his assets in the affidavit filed by him along with nomination papers, election office sources said.
Similarly, causing anxiety to the UDF, decision on its candidate Jose K Mani`s nomination papers in Kottayam was deferred to March 26 on complaints from the LDF that it contained defects during scrutiny on Monday.
Prominent persons whose nomination papers were found in order after scrutiny include Union ministers Mullapally Ramachandran (Vadakara), E Ahmed (Malalppuram), former Union minister and SJD state president M P Veerendrakumar (Palakkad) senior Congress leader P C Chacko (Chalakuddy), CPI-M sitting MPs M B Rajesh (Palakkad), P K Biju (Alathur), CPI-M politburo member M A Baby and RSP leader N K Premachandran, both from Kollam.
Jose K Mani, sitting MP, belongs to Kerala Congress (M), a key partner in the Congress-led coalition.
The decision was taken by the District Collector in his capacity as the returning officer after the Chief Election Agent of the LDF candidate, Mathew T Thomas, contended that the nomination of Jose K Mani had a "serious defect."
In a written complaint, the LDF agent held that Mani`s nomination showed his father K M Mani as chairman of Kerala Congress (M). However, in the Election Commission`s website C F Thomas is shown as the party chairman.
Considering the objection, the returning officer deferred the decision on Jose K Mani`s nomination to March 26.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog