Security system for Padmanabha Swami temple cleared
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala government on Wednesday approved a proposal to set up an integrated security system for the famous Sree Padmanabha Swami temple in the city.
Addressing a press conference after a Cabinet meeting, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said administrative sanction has been given for the first phase of the security system to be implemented by Keltron at a cost of Rs 9.8 crore.
Keltron has submitted a Rs 23.7 crore plan to implement the integrated security system in three phases, he said, adding the government had already submitted an affidavit to the Supreme Court that the state would meet security expenses.
Temple security was strengthened after an inventory found valuable gold ornaments and other precious diamonds worth several hundred crores of Rupees in five vaults of the temple.
An expert committee looking into the security had suggested in the Supreme court on March 29 that a high security vault be built on the line of RBI, immediate release of funds by government for security measures and hiring an international agency with sufficient expertise to ensure fool-proof measures with particular emphasis on maintaining the traditions, culture and confidentiality of the assets.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH