Security tightened for CM, ministers in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Additional arrangements have been made to enhance security of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and other ministers "in view of the developments" following CPI-M Kannur district secretary P Jayarajan`s arrest, sources in the Kerala police said.
Violent incidents had been reported from across the state since yesterday after the arrest of the CPI-M leader.
A 24-year-old DYFI activist died today in a hospital where he was admitted after a scuffle with opponents of the hartal in Kasaragod district.
The security protocol and the routes of ministers would be altered in view of the "sensitive situation", the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security