Suspended village official ends life in Ernakulam
Kochi: A village official who was suspended along with two colleagues for allegedly watching a sleazy video in his office, has committed suicide, police said.
The office is also a polling station for the April 10 Lok Sabha polls in the state.
Police said the local official at Kumbalangi in Ernakulam district was suspended along with two others when they were caught by the Revenue Divisional Officer Swagath Bhandari, watching the video.
The official had come to the village office on Sunday to inspect the office as part of inspection of polling stations in the area when she found the three in an inebriated state watching the video in the office.
The deceased, Krishnan (53) was found hanging inside his house yesterday.
The laptop and pen-drive have been seized, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon