Suspended village official ends life in Ernakulam
Kochi: A village official who was suspended along with two colleagues for allegedly watching a sleazy video in his office, has committed suicide, police said.
The office is also a polling station for the April 10 Lok Sabha polls in the state.
Police said the local official at Kumbalangi in Ernakulam district was suspended along with two others when they were caught by the Revenue Divisional Officer Swagath Bhandari, watching the video.
The official had come to the village office on Sunday to inspect the office as part of inspection of polling stations in the area when she found the three in an inebriated state watching the video in the office.
The deceased, Krishnan (53) was found hanging inside his house yesterday.
The laptop and pen-drive have been seized, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- No plan for women in army combat role, Manohar Parrikar tells Rajya Sabha
- Dues over Rs 800 cr pending against Hotels in NDMC areas
- Emirates plane with more than 300 on board makes emergency landing in Mumbai
- BJP rejects Nitish's claims of slide in crime after prohibition
- Gionee unveils flagship M6, M6 Plus smartphones