Suspended village official ends life in Ernakulam
Kochi: A village official who was suspended along with two colleagues for allegedly watching a sleazy video in his office, has committed suicide, police said.
The office is also a polling station for the April 10 Lok Sabha polls in the state.
Police said the local official at Kumbalangi in Ernakulam district was suspended along with two others when they were caught by the Revenue Divisional Officer Swagath Bhandari, watching the video.
The official had come to the village office on Sunday to inspect the office as part of inspection of polling stations in the area when she found the three in an inebriated state watching the video in the office.
The deceased, Krishnan (53) was found hanging inside his house yesterday.
The laptop and pen-drive have been seized, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh