Suspended village official ends life in Ernakulam
Kochi: A village official who was suspended along with two colleagues for allegedly watching a sleazy video in his office, has committed suicide, police said.
The office is also a polling station for the April 10 Lok Sabha polls in the state.
Police said the local official at Kumbalangi in Ernakulam district was suspended along with two others when they were caught by the Revenue Divisional Officer Swagath Bhandari, watching the video.
The official had come to the village office on Sunday to inspect the office as part of inspection of polling stations in the area when she found the three in an inebriated state watching the video in the office.
The deceased, Krishnan (53) was found hanging inside his house yesterday.
The laptop and pen-drive have been seized, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter