Suspended village official ends life in Ernakulam
Kochi: A village official who was suspended along with two colleagues for allegedly watching a sleazy video in his office, has committed suicide, police said.
The office is also a polling station for the April 10 Lok Sabha polls in the state.
Police said the local official at Kumbalangi in Ernakulam district was suspended along with two others when they were caught by the Revenue Divisional Officer Swagath Bhandari, watching the video.
The official had come to the village office on Sunday to inspect the office as part of inspection of polling stations in the area when she found the three in an inebriated state watching the video in the office.
The deceased, Krishnan (53) was found hanging inside his house yesterday.
The laptop and pen-drive have been seized, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden