Tharoor violated no rules at Guruvayoor
Guruvayoor: Authorities at the famed Guruvayoor temple said on Sunday that Shashi Tharoor and his wife Sunanda Pushkar had not violated any rule when they visited it after their wedding.
Temple secretary KM Reghuraman said that there was a complaint that former central minister Tharoor and his wife had broken temple rules by entering an area barred for newly weds.
"There are evil minds everywhere and this complaint has come from a mere paper organisation. We looked into the matter, and it has been found there has been no violation of temple norms. We have closed the issue," he said.
The Congress MP from Thiruvananthapuram married Pushkar on August 22 at his ancestral home near Palakkad. The couple prayed at the Guruvayoor temple the same evening.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!