Toll in Kerala hooch tragedy rises to 25
Two more persons succumbed to illicit toddy on Thursday taking the toll to 25 in the twin hooch tragedy in Malappuram district, police said.
Velayudhan of Kolathur in the district and Kanakkayi of perassanoor in Palakkad district, are the two who died today.
Kozhikode Medical College Hospital sources told a news agency that so far 315 people had sought medical treatment since the tragedy occurred on September 6.
Twenty one people at still in the hospital and the condition of two are stated to be serious, Medical college sources said.
The Excise Commissioner S Subbaiah, who had visited Vaniyambalam in Vandoor, had said that the preliminary report on the incident would be submitted to the government on
According to preliminary assessment of forensic experts, the toddy supplied by the shop in Kuttippuram could have been mixed with methyl.
Kerala government had announced a judicial probe by a sitting High Court judge into the tragedy.
Eight people, including the key accused Dhravyan have been arrested so far in connection with the tragedy, they said.
The government had also announced a solatium of Rs five lakh each to the next of kin of those who died and Rs four lakh each for those who lost their eyesight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly