VS’ fears unfounded in sex case probe: HC
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Wednesday dismissed as unfounded Leader of Opposition VS Achuthanandan`s fears relating to the ongoing probe into the Kozhikode ice-cream parlour sex case allegedly involving state minister PK Kunhalikutty.
Achuthanandan`s counsel requested that the court make a detailed evaluation in the progress of the investigation and stop the report of the case which is going to be filed before December 22.
But the court refused to accept both the requests and said the leader`s fears were unfounded.
The advocate general appearing for the state government informed the court that the investigation into the case was progressing in the right manner and 22 witnesses were examined since September 27 when the case last came up for hearing.
On September 27, the court dismissed a petition filed by Achuthanandan seeking a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe.
Achuthanandan as chief minister in January ordered a fresh inquiry by the state police in the wake of some revelations. Rauf, whose wife is the sister of Kunhalikutty`s wife, made allegations against Kunhalikutty at a press conference.
The case of sexual abuse of a minor girl, allegedly involving Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) leader Kunhalikutty, who is now the state industry minister, was ordered closed by the courts in 2006.
The alleged sex racket in early 1990s involved an ice-cream parlour in Kozhikode as its base and was named the "ice cream parlour sex case" by the media.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof