VS’ fears unfounded in sex case probe: HC
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Wednesday dismissed as unfounded Leader of Opposition VS Achuthanandan`s fears relating to the ongoing probe into the Kozhikode ice-cream parlour sex case allegedly involving state minister PK Kunhalikutty.
Achuthanandan`s counsel requested that the court make a detailed evaluation in the progress of the investigation and stop the report of the case which is going to be filed before December 22.
But the court refused to accept both the requests and said the leader`s fears were unfounded.
The advocate general appearing for the state government informed the court that the investigation into the case was progressing in the right manner and 22 witnesses were examined since September 27 when the case last came up for hearing.
On September 27, the court dismissed a petition filed by Achuthanandan seeking a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe.
Achuthanandan as chief minister in January ordered a fresh inquiry by the state police in the wake of some revelations. Rauf, whose wife is the sister of Kunhalikutty`s wife, made allegations against Kunhalikutty at a press conference.
The case of sexual abuse of a minor girl, allegedly involving Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) leader Kunhalikutty, who is now the state industry minister, was ordered closed by the courts in 2006.
The alleged sex racket in early 1990s involved an ice-cream parlour in Kozhikode as its base and was named the "ice cream parlour sex case" by the media.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...