When a cow underwent DNA test...
Kollam (Ker): A local court here has ordered DNA testing on a cow to settle a dispute over its ownership by two women at Punalur in the district.
Based on the court order, the cow was brought to a veterinary hospital and collected blood samples on Monday to be sent to the lab for test whether it matched with that of its mother that is in possession of one of the litigants.
Judicial First Class Magistrate Santhosh Das issued the order after one Geetha from a nearby village complained that her cow and its calf were held in illegal possession by one Sasilekha.
Geetha held that she had let her cow to graze in the forest area but did not return. She contended that she later traced the cow at Sasilekha`s premises, who refused to give it back to her.
Geetha then lodged a complaint with the police but failed to get the issue resolved. She later took the matter to the court.
For want of proper evidence in the case, the court ordered that DNA test be conducted on the cow and report back whether it matches with the mother cow.
The blood sample of the cow has been sent to the Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnolgy at Thiruvananthapuram for testing and the report awaited soon, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!