Ahmed`s remarks: MP minister sends Advani`s book to Sonia
Bhopal: Criticising the comments made by Congress leader Shakeel Ahmed that BJP veteran L K Advani should have stayed back in Pakistan to serve Hindus there, a minister in Madhya Pradesh has sent a copy Advani`s book to Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
While sending the copy of Advani`s autobiography `My Country My Life` to Gandhi on Tuesday, state industries and commerce minister Kailash Vijayawargia urged that senior Congress leaders should also read it to know Advani`s true personality.
"Shakeel Ahmed`s comment is also an insult to Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, as they were also of foreign origin," the Minister said.
Ahmed`s comments, made on February 3, were also criticised by the BJP which had said that this goes against all norms of propriety and decency.
"The comment made by Congress spokesperson Shakeel Ahmad Khan about Advani is not only condemnable but also beyond all standards of political propriety. BJP would like to ask Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi whether Khan represents the official view of their party," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad had said on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"