Ajay Singh stages sit-in as officials stop his cav
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh assembly Ajay Singh, campaigning for assembly by-poll in Maheshwar, on Thursday staged a sit-in after officials stopped him at Jalkoda village on the ground that the number of vehicles in his cavalcade exceeded the permissible limit.
Alleging that the officials were working at the behest of the ruling BJP government in the state, Singh said that the administration had counted even the vehicles of mediapersons and those of a marriage party as part of his cavalcade.
He said that it would be difficult to have free and fair poll here as the ruling BJP wanted to win the Maheshwar by-poll scheduled to be held on June 12 at any cost and was putting pressure on the local administration.
He also alleged that last night in the name of serving meals to saints, the Industries Minister, Kailash Vijaywargiya had arranged dinner for nearly 2.5 lakh persons, but the district administration remained silent on the issue.
It was clearly an attempt by the minister to influence the by-poll, he alleged.
The Election Commission should appoint a special observer for Maheshwar constituency to ensure free and fair by-poll, he demanded.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today