Bandhavgarh resort manager`s remand extended in rape case
Umaria (MP): A local court today extended till February 14, the remand of a resort manager accused of raping a foreign national, who came to visit a world-famous tiger reserve in Madhya Pradesh.
Accused Deepak Vishwakarma had allegedly raped the victim after mixing some sedatives in her beer which she drank during her stay in the resort in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve area on January 14.
She reported the matter to police in Aurangabad town in Maharashtra on January 31 as she was in deep shock after the incident and left Bandhavgarh the next day.
After registering a case, Aurangabad Police handed the matter to the police in Umaria for further probe.
Meanwhile, IG-rank officer Pragya Richa from Jabalpur and Additional Superintendent of Police Abha Toppo have reached Umaria to probe the case and grilled the accused in this regard. Vishwakarma was arrested on February 1.
The resort belong to Dushyant Singh, son of BJP MLA from Gurh seat, Nagendra Singh.
Police is maintaining secrecy in the case and after recording the statement of the victim, it allowed her to leave the town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal