Bandhavgarh resort manager`s remand extended in rape case
Umaria (MP): A local court today extended till February 14, the remand of a resort manager accused of raping a foreign national, who came to visit a world-famous tiger reserve in Madhya Pradesh.
Accused Deepak Vishwakarma had allegedly raped the victim after mixing some sedatives in her beer which she drank during her stay in the resort in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve area on January 14.
She reported the matter to police in Aurangabad town in Maharashtra on January 31 as she was in deep shock after the incident and left Bandhavgarh the next day.
After registering a case, Aurangabad Police handed the matter to the police in Umaria for further probe.
Meanwhile, IG-rank officer Pragya Richa from Jabalpur and Additional Superintendent of Police Abha Toppo have reached Umaria to probe the case and grilled the accused in this regard. Vishwakarma was arrested on February 1.
The resort belong to Dushyant Singh, son of BJP MLA from Gurh seat, Nagendra Singh.
Police is maintaining secrecy in the case and after recording the statement of the victim, it allowed her to leave the town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Will viewing torrent sites and blocked URLs really land you in jail?
- Japan tells China to stop violating territory in East China Sea
- Court imposes Rs 5,000 cost on CBI in Abhay Chautala's DA case
- This woman's jaw-dropping heroics on world's tallest skyscrapers will take your breath away - See Pics
- Grenade attacks on police party in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama; 18 cops injured