‘BJP to record hat-trick in next Assembly polls`
Bhopal: Expressing confidence that the BJP would record a hat-trick by winning the Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections next year, state BJP president Prabhat Jha on Sunday said that elections were the only barometer to measure the success of a political party.
Jha, who would be completing two years as state BJP chief on May 8, told a news agency that the party’s success can be gauged by the fact that it had won most of the by-elections held since 2008.
He said the support of the people and cooperation from party workers would be required for the party`s win.
Jha said during his tenure the organisation had been expanded and he had personally visited all 618 blocks of the party in the state.
No office-bearer or minister was in the race for the chief minister and everyone had been told to adopt constructive politics, he said.
This time the party has introduced the concept of accepting donations worth Rs 100, Rs 500 or Rs 1,000 and issuing coupons to them for it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet