BJP to study SC judgement on land allotment to Thakre Trust
Bhopal: BJP on Wednesday said it will decide on its
next course of action after studying the Supreme Court
judgement quashing allotment of land, allegedly given
away at a throwaway price to the Kushabhau Thakre Trust.
"The party has heard the judgement cancelling the state
government notification for allotting around 30 acres of land
to the Trust. We will comment on the judgement only after we
get an authorised copy of it," State BJP spokesman, Hitesh
He said as per his knowledge, the land allotment
had been quashed merely on technical grounds and therefore
"can be rectified."
Citing an example, he stated that it was being said that
the application for getting the land was made to the
government, way before the Trust came into existence.
He said that there were a number of moral reasons for
allotting land to the Trust and these were much more important
than any technical grounds.
The land was alloted to the trust, named after the late
BJP leader on September 25, 2004 by Uma Bharti, the then Chief
Minister of Madhya Pradesh.
The apex court passed the order on a petition filed by
Akhil Bhartiya Upbhokta Congress, a Bhopal-based consumers
society, challenging the government`s decision on the ground
that the land at Basvadiya village was given at a throwaway
price to the Trust in violation of the laws.
The trustees include senior party leaders L K Advani, M
Venkaiah Naidu and Murli Manohar Joshi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'