Boat overturns in Narmada; two feared drowned
Omkareshwar (MP): Two persons were feared
drowned after a overcrowded boat carrying 23 persons
overturned in Narmada river here in Khandwa district of Madhya
Pradesh, police said.
Divers, locals and police rescued 21 persons as
pilgrims raised alarm soon after the boat which was on its
way to nearby temples overturned, Khandwa Superintendent of
Police (SP) Hari Narayanchari Mishra told reporters.
Searches are on to locate two persons--identified as
Devilal and Rahul Singh, who were missing, police said.
The incident occured about half-a-kilometer away from
the main Omkareshwar Temple, seating one of the 12
Jyotirlingas in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan