Chargesheet filed in MP land scam case involving BJP MLA
Indore: Lokayukta Police on Monday submitted a charge sheet against BJP MLA Ramesh Mendola and 16 others in a 2004 land scam case.
The charge sheet was submitted in the court of special judge DN Mishra under Sec 120 B (criminal conspiracy) of the IPC and sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
The court, meanwhile, granted bail to Mendola and 14 others on a bond of Rs 1 lakh each and directed them not to leave the country without its permission.
82-year-old former minister Suresh Seth, the complainant in the case, had alleged that when Madhya Pradesh Industry Minister Kailash Vijaywargiya was Indore mayor (in 2004), three acres of land was allotted to Nanda Nagar Sahkari Samiti, headed by his right-hand man Mendola.
Situated in Pardeshipura area, the land was originally allotted to Dhanlaxmi Chemicals. It was later allotted to the Samiti against norms. Flats were constructed and sold, causing a loss of over Rs 1.58 crore to the exchequer.
The court had ordered probe into Seth`s complaint in 2010. Seth`s lawyer Sohanlal Nagar said he had filed another petition demanding that Vijaywargiya too should be made an accused in the case. It would be heard on June 27.
Seth has also sought a CBI probe alleging that the police have pressed milder charges against the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation