Chinese Army getting stronger each day: Retd General VK Singh
Bhopal: Former Army chief General VK Singh has said that China`s army was getting stronger each day and there was a need to modernise the Indian Army to meet any eventuality.
He also said that China was still following its previous policy of imperialism.
Participating in a discussion on "Imperialism of China and its impact on our internal security and our role" here last night, Singh said China was expanding its network in other neighbouring countries also.
"China`s army was getting strong each day and there was a need to modernise the Indian Army to meet any eventuality," he said.
Singh said while the situation was stable in the north-eastern states, the central government should make efforts to resolve issues facing people there.
The former Army chief said vote-bank politics was a major threat to security of the country and pointed out that the number of Naxalite-hit districts in the country has risen from 52 to 270 due to government`s policies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what