Chinese Army getting stronger each day: Retd General VK Singh
Bhopal: Former Army chief General VK Singh has said that China`s army was getting stronger each day and there was a need to modernise the Indian Army to meet any eventuality.
He also said that China was still following its previous policy of imperialism.
Participating in a discussion on "Imperialism of China and its impact on our internal security and our role" here last night, Singh said China was expanding its network in other neighbouring countries also.
"China`s army was getting strong each day and there was a need to modernise the Indian Army to meet any eventuality," he said.
Singh said while the situation was stable in the north-eastern states, the central government should make efforts to resolve issues facing people there.
The former Army chief said vote-bank politics was a major threat to security of the country and pointed out that the number of Naxalite-hit districts in the country has risen from 52 to 270 due to government`s policies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative