Chinese Army getting stronger each day: Retd General VK Singh
Bhopal: Former Army chief General VK Singh has said that China`s army was getting stronger each day and there was a need to modernise the Indian Army to meet any eventuality.
He also said that China was still following its previous policy of imperialism.
Participating in a discussion on "Imperialism of China and its impact on our internal security and our role" here last night, Singh said China was expanding its network in other neighbouring countries also.
"China`s army was getting strong each day and there was a need to modernise the Indian Army to meet any eventuality," he said.
Singh said while the situation was stable in the north-eastern states, the central government should make efforts to resolve issues facing people there.
The former Army chief said vote-bank politics was a major threat to security of the country and pointed out that the number of Naxalite-hit districts in the country has risen from 52 to 270 due to government`s policies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3