Chinese Army getting stronger each day: Retd General VK Singh
Bhopal: Former Army chief General VK Singh has said that China`s army was getting stronger each day and there was a need to modernise the Indian Army to meet any eventuality.
He also said that China was still following its previous policy of imperialism.
Participating in a discussion on "Imperialism of China and its impact on our internal security and our role" here last night, Singh said China was expanding its network in other neighbouring countries also.
"China`s army was getting strong each day and there was a need to modernise the Indian Army to meet any eventuality," he said.
Singh said while the situation was stable in the north-eastern states, the central government should make efforts to resolve issues facing people there.
The former Army chief said vote-bank politics was a major threat to security of the country and pointed out that the number of Naxalite-hit districts in the country has risen from 52 to 270 due to government`s policies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal