Chinese Army getting stronger each day: Retd General VK Singh
Bhopal: Former Army chief General VK Singh has said that China`s army was getting stronger each day and there was a need to modernise the Indian Army to meet any eventuality.
He also said that China was still following its previous policy of imperialism.
Participating in a discussion on "Imperialism of China and its impact on our internal security and our role" here last night, Singh said China was expanding its network in other neighbouring countries also.
"China`s army was getting strong each day and there was a need to modernise the Indian Army to meet any eventuality," he said.
Singh said while the situation was stable in the north-eastern states, the central government should make efforts to resolve issues facing people there.
The former Army chief said vote-bank politics was a major threat to security of the country and pointed out that the number of Naxalite-hit districts in the country has risen from 52 to 270 due to government`s policies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam