Bhopal: Chlorine gas on Saturday leaked from a water filtration plant of Bhopal Municipal Corporation in Bag Sevania area here, no casualities reported so far, police said.
"The chlorine gas leaked from Narmada water filtration plant of the civic body in Bag Sevania area which resulted in panic. No injuries were reported because of the incident," Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Raman Singh told PTI.
The plant is situated close to the office of Sub Divisional Officer of Police (SDOP), Misrod area .
As the gas spread in the area its smell caused uneasiness among the residents but so far no report of anyone falling sick because of leakage was reported from the area, the DIG said, adding the situation is under control.
Bhopal, the capital of Madhya Pradesh, is infamous because of leakage of poisonous gas from Union Carbide plant on the intervening nights of December 2-3, 1984 that killed and maimed large number of persons.