Chouhan`s statement on Sachar report unfortunate: AIMES
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Unit of All India
Muslim Educational Society (AIMES) Friday described as
"unfortunate" the government`s announcement not to implement
the Sachar Committee report in the State.
"Chouhan`s statement in the State Assembly on Wednesday
on not implementing the Sachar Committee report in the state
is unfortunate," AIMES Madhya Pradesh Unit President, Mohammad
Ibrahim Qureshi said in a statement.
And if needed, the Society will not hesitate to take
recourse to the courts in the matter apart from holding
agitations in a democratic way, Qureshi said.
It was wrong on the part of the state government to
return funds meant for scholarship given to the minority
students by the Centre, he said.
Qureshi said the states are forced to abide by the
Constitution`s dispensations and the Central government also
formulates schemes for the welfare of all sections of the
societies under constitutional responsibility.
Stating that nearly 14 per cent minority resides in
Madhya Pradesh, he said that it was the responsibility of the
government to protect their constitutional rights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?