Chouhan`s statement on Sachar report unfortunate: AIMES
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Unit of All India
Muslim Educational Society (AIMES) Friday described as
"unfortunate" the government`s announcement not to implement
the Sachar Committee report in the State.
"Chouhan`s statement in the State Assembly on Wednesday
on not implementing the Sachar Committee report in the state
is unfortunate," AIMES Madhya Pradesh Unit President, Mohammad
Ibrahim Qureshi said in a statement.
And if needed, the Society will not hesitate to take
recourse to the courts in the matter apart from holding
agitations in a democratic way, Qureshi said.
It was wrong on the part of the state government to
return funds meant for scholarship given to the minority
students by the Centre, he said.
Qureshi said the states are forced to abide by the
Constitution`s dispensations and the Central government also
formulates schemes for the welfare of all sections of the
societies under constitutional responsibility.
Stating that nearly 14 per cent minority resides in
Madhya Pradesh, he said that it was the responsibility of the
government to protect their constitutional rights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!