Chouhan`s statement on Sachar report unfortunate: AIMES
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Unit of All India
Muslim Educational Society (AIMES) Friday described as
"unfortunate" the government`s announcement not to implement
the Sachar Committee report in the State.
"Chouhan`s statement in the State Assembly on Wednesday
on not implementing the Sachar Committee report in the state
is unfortunate," AIMES Madhya Pradesh Unit President, Mohammad
Ibrahim Qureshi said in a statement.
And if needed, the Society will not hesitate to take
recourse to the courts in the matter apart from holding
agitations in a democratic way, Qureshi said.
It was wrong on the part of the state government to
return funds meant for scholarship given to the minority
students by the Centre, he said.
Qureshi said the states are forced to abide by the
Constitution`s dispensations and the Central government also
formulates schemes for the welfare of all sections of the
societies under constitutional responsibility.
Stating that nearly 14 per cent minority resides in
Madhya Pradesh, he said that it was the responsibility of the
government to protect their constitutional rights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble