Chouhan`s statement on Sachar report unfortunate: AIMES
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Unit of All India
Muslim Educational Society (AIMES) Friday described as
"unfortunate" the government`s announcement not to implement
the Sachar Committee report in the State.
"Chouhan`s statement in the State Assembly on Wednesday
on not implementing the Sachar Committee report in the state
is unfortunate," AIMES Madhya Pradesh Unit President, Mohammad
Ibrahim Qureshi said in a statement.
And if needed, the Society will not hesitate to take
recourse to the courts in the matter apart from holding
agitations in a democratic way, Qureshi said.
It was wrong on the part of the state government to
return funds meant for scholarship given to the minority
students by the Centre, he said.
Qureshi said the states are forced to abide by the
Constitution`s dispensations and the Central government also
formulates schemes for the welfare of all sections of the
societies under constitutional responsibility.
Stating that nearly 14 per cent minority resides in
Madhya Pradesh, he said that it was the responsibility of the
government to protect their constitutional rights.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'