Chouhan`s statement on Sachar report unfortunate: AIMES
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Unit of All India
Muslim Educational Society (AIMES) Friday described as
"unfortunate" the government`s announcement not to implement
the Sachar Committee report in the State.
"Chouhan`s statement in the State Assembly on Wednesday
on not implementing the Sachar Committee report in the state
is unfortunate," AIMES Madhya Pradesh Unit President, Mohammad
Ibrahim Qureshi said in a statement.
And if needed, the Society will not hesitate to take
recourse to the courts in the matter apart from holding
agitations in a democratic way, Qureshi said.
It was wrong on the part of the state government to
return funds meant for scholarship given to the minority
students by the Centre, he said.
Qureshi said the states are forced to abide by the
Constitution`s dispensations and the Central government also
formulates schemes for the welfare of all sections of the
societies under constitutional responsibility.
Stating that nearly 14 per cent minority resides in
Madhya Pradesh, he said that it was the responsibility of the
government to protect their constitutional rights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video