Cong flays Madhya Pradesh BJP on FDI issue
Bhopal: The issue of FDI in retail sector
figured in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly on Thursday, with Congress
flaying the ruling BJP for its support to nationwide bandh
against the Centre`s decision and pointing out that the BJP
had supported the move in 2004.
The matter was raised in the zero hour by Ashwin Joshi of
Congress, but the Speaker Ishwardas Rohani said that due to
the paucity of time, it was being "construed as read" in the
Tulsi Silawat (Congress) also protested against BJP`s
opposition to FDI, but by then the Speaker had moved on to the
next business item.
Later, Joshi said the support to bandh
call had exposed BJP`s "double standard".
In its manifesto for the general election 2004, BJP had
supported allowing 26 per cent FDI in the retail sector, Joshi
said, adding that Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan was
then a member of the manifesto committee.
The Congress legislator also pointed out that Bharti
Walmart`s Best Price Store already had an outlet in Madhya
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory