Congress leader in MP alleges death threat
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress spokesperson K.K. Mishra ednesday claimed he had received a death threat.
"I received a one-page hand-written letter in an envelope addressed to me at the Congress office, Bhopal, which threatened that my family and I would be killed if I stood in the way of Vijayvargiya and Mendola," Mishra told reporters.
The senior Congress leader, who has been spearheading the party`s campaign against Madhya Pradesh Industries Minister Kailash Vijayvargiya and BJP legislator Ramesh Mendola over their alleged involvement in a land scam in Indore, claimed to have received the letter April 23.
The alleged land scam was brought to light by Mishra and veteran Congress leader from Indore Suresh Seth, a couple of days ago. The Congress has since asked Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to sack Vijayvargiya.
The minister, when contacted over phone, refuted the charge, saying: "It is a conspiracy to malign my image. I have nothing to do with any threat, whatsoever, to any Congress leader. Let the investigation be completed and the truth will come out."
According to Mishra: "The letter also said that my fate would be worse than that of former BJP minister Laxman Singh Gaud". Gaud had died in a road accident in February 2008 while travelling from Indore to Bhopal.
"I did not bother about it thinking it to be someone`s mischief," Mishra said, adding "but, on April 24, two youths came to my house in Indore and urged my wife to open the gates saying that my son Abhishek had sent them with an urgent message for her. When she called our son, without opening the doors, she found that Abhishek had not sent any message. Realising their game was up, the two youths fled away".
"I then took up the matter with my party president who urged me not to take it lightly. I met Director General of Police (DGP) S.K. Rout Monday and informed him about the subsequent events," Mishra said.
According to police sources, the case has been handed over to Additional Director General of Police (Intelligence) Rishi Kumar Shukla for investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends