Congress seeks derecognition of BJP over `provocative` ad
New Delhi: Congress has sought derecognition of BJP in the wake of a "provocative" advertisement issued by it in poll-bound Madhya Pradesh, where the national flag and a photo of the Army Chief have been allegedly "misused".
Party spokesman Meem Afzal said the AICC has approached the Election Commission over the advertisement which sends a "negative" image of the Congress ruling the Centre.
The complaint is against Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan and state BJP chief Narendra Singh Tomar. He alleged that the BJP is seeking to drag the Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh in politics by using his photo.
BJP has shown "disrespect" to the national flag by using it in party advertisements, which is against the rules. He said that a demand for derecognition of the party has been made in the complaint, Afzal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016, NBSE 12th Class Result 2016 announced; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in
- WATCH: Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Gautam Gambhir kicks a chair to celebrate team's win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Biggest tech merger in history to be called Dell Technologies
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi was codenamed 'gorgeous girl' by European middlemen?
- The only temple dedicated to Lord Brahma is in this Indian state