Congress to hold rally in MP CM`s constituency
Bhopal: Opposition Congress in Madhya Pradesh would hold a rally at Nasarullahganj in Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s assembly constituency to highlight the problems caused by illegal mining in the state.
Giving this information, Madhya Pradesh Congress spokesman, Mukesh Nayak told PTI that a decision on holding this rally on July 16 was taken on Friday at a meeting of the party`s coordination committee in New Delhi.
The State Congress spokesman said that Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh, Union Ministers Kamalnath and Jyotiraditya Scindia, State Congress President Kantilal Bhuria and Leader of Opposition, Ajay Singh and former Assembly Speaker Srinivas Tiwari would take part in the rally.
Nayak said that the rally should not be seen as launch of Congress campaign for the assembly elections.
He said that before the elections, similar rallies to highlight other issues would be held in Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP