Cricket fever: MP Assembly to have half-day for Indo-Pak tie
Bhopal: Office-goers in the rest of the
country would envy the Madhya Pradesh legislators.
For, they have got a half-day on March 30, when India
will play Pakistan in the semifinal of the ICC world cup. Not
only that, but MLAs would get to watch the match on a
Soon after proceedings started today, Parliamentary
Affairs Minister, Narottam Mishra told the Speaker Ishwar Das
Rohani that entire nation would be watching the match.
"Because of this, we wish that the post-lunch session
of the Assembly should not be held on Wednesday to allow
members to see the crucial match," Mishra said.
Mishra was supported by the acting leader of the
opposition, Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi; Arif Aqueel
and Kalpana Parulekar of Congress said that the state
government must make arrangements for members to go and watch
the match in Mohali.
Rohani said this was impractical, but the post-lunch
session need not be held that day.
The Speaker then also gave directions for putting up a
mega-screen in the Assembly auditorium where members would be
able to watch the much-awaited clash between arch-rivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!