Cricket fever: MP Assembly to have half-day for Indo-Pak tie
Bhopal: Office-goers in the rest of the
country would envy the Madhya Pradesh legislators.
For, they have got a half-day on March 30, when India
will play Pakistan in the semifinal of the ICC world cup. Not
only that, but MLAs would get to watch the match on a
Soon after proceedings started today, Parliamentary
Affairs Minister, Narottam Mishra told the Speaker Ishwar Das
Rohani that entire nation would be watching the match.
"Because of this, we wish that the post-lunch session
of the Assembly should not be held on Wednesday to allow
members to see the crucial match," Mishra said.
Mishra was supported by the acting leader of the
opposition, Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi; Arif Aqueel
and Kalpana Parulekar of Congress said that the state
government must make arrangements for members to go and watch
the match in Mohali.
Rohani said this was impractical, but the post-lunch
session need not be held that day.
The Speaker then also gave directions for putting up a
mega-screen in the Assembly auditorium where members would be
able to watch the much-awaited clash between arch-rivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000