Cricket fever: MP Assembly to have half-day for Indo-Pak tie
Bhopal: Office-goers in the rest of the
country would envy the Madhya Pradesh legislators.
For, they have got a half-day on March 30, when India
will play Pakistan in the semifinal of the ICC world cup. Not
only that, but MLAs would get to watch the match on a
Soon after proceedings started today, Parliamentary
Affairs Minister, Narottam Mishra told the Speaker Ishwar Das
Rohani that entire nation would be watching the match.
"Because of this, we wish that the post-lunch session
of the Assembly should not be held on Wednesday to allow
members to see the crucial match," Mishra said.
Mishra was supported by the acting leader of the
opposition, Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi; Arif Aqueel
and Kalpana Parulekar of Congress said that the state
government must make arrangements for members to go and watch
the match in Mohali.
Rohani said this was impractical, but the post-lunch
session need not be held that day.
The Speaker then also gave directions for putting up a
mega-screen in the Assembly auditorium where members would be
able to watch the much-awaited clash between arch-rivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling