Digvijay charges Modi with using fascist means to acquire land
Raghogarh: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh charged Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday for adopting "fascist means" to acquire land from farmers to construct a statue of Sardar Patel in Sardar Sarovar.
After a programme to mark the death anniversary of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi and the birth anniversary of Sardar Patel here, Singh said that farmers were agitated against the land acquisition.
He also added that Narmada Bachao Andolan leader Medha Patkar had reached Gujarat this morning to support them.
Singh said that he would like to congratulate Guna district Congress president Yogendra Loomba for having found out that no leader of the Jana Sangh or the RSS had attended the funeral of Sardar Patel.
Loomba had said that there was no proof that any RSS or Jana Sangh leader had attended Sardar Patel`s funeral.
Digvijay also said that everyone knew that the BJP did not have a single freedom fighter of its own and hence it tries to appropriate leaders like Sardar Patel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH