Digvijay charges Modi with using fascist means to acquire land
Raghogarh: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh charged Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday for adopting "fascist means" to acquire land from farmers to construct a statue of Sardar Patel in Sardar Sarovar.
After a programme to mark the death anniversary of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi and the birth anniversary of Sardar Patel here, Singh said that farmers were agitated against the land acquisition.
He also added that Narmada Bachao Andolan leader Medha Patkar had reached Gujarat this morning to support them.
Singh said that he would like to congratulate Guna district Congress president Yogendra Loomba for having found out that no leader of the Jana Sangh or the RSS had attended the funeral of Sardar Patel.
Loomba had said that there was no proof that any RSS or Jana Sangh leader had attended Sardar Patel`s funeral.
Digvijay also said that everyone knew that the BJP did not have a single freedom fighter of its own and hence it tries to appropriate leaders like Sardar Patel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims