Digvijay charges Modi with using fascist means to acquire land
Raghogarh: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh charged Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday for adopting "fascist means" to acquire land from farmers to construct a statue of Sardar Patel in Sardar Sarovar.
After a programme to mark the death anniversary of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi and the birth anniversary of Sardar Patel here, Singh said that farmers were agitated against the land acquisition.
He also added that Narmada Bachao Andolan leader Medha Patkar had reached Gujarat this morning to support them.
Singh said that he would like to congratulate Guna district Congress president Yogendra Loomba for having found out that no leader of the Jana Sangh or the RSS had attended the funeral of Sardar Patel.
Loomba had said that there was no proof that any RSS or Jana Sangh leader had attended Sardar Patel`s funeral.
Digvijay also said that everyone knew that the BJP did not have a single freedom fighter of its own and hence it tries to appropriate leaders like Sardar Patel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh