Digvijay charges Modi with using fascist means to acquire land
Raghogarh: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh charged Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday for adopting "fascist means" to acquire land from farmers to construct a statue of Sardar Patel in Sardar Sarovar.
After a programme to mark the death anniversary of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi and the birth anniversary of Sardar Patel here, Singh said that farmers were agitated against the land acquisition.
He also added that Narmada Bachao Andolan leader Medha Patkar had reached Gujarat this morning to support them.
Singh said that he would like to congratulate Guna district Congress president Yogendra Loomba for having found out that no leader of the Jana Sangh or the RSS had attended the funeral of Sardar Patel.
Loomba had said that there was no proof that any RSS or Jana Sangh leader had attended Sardar Patel`s funeral.
Digvijay also said that everyone knew that the BJP did not have a single freedom fighter of its own and hence it tries to appropriate leaders like Sardar Patel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16