Digvijay for viability report on Narmada-Kshipra river project
Bhopal: Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh today appealed to Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to make public the viability reports of the proposed Narmada-Kshipra river linking project.
"Till date the chief minister has not provided the detailed project report and cost benefit analysis about the project," Singh said in a letter to Chouhan, the copy of which he has forwarded to media.
The foundation stone for the project, supposed to provide drinking water to 70 cities and 7,000 villages in the state, was laid by the chief minister recently.
Appealing Chouhan to put the entire information about the project in public domain, Singh said he should be provided with the details of the project.
In another letter to Chouhan, Singh has sought a status report regarding investment flow in the state since 2004, as highlighted in various investors meets.
"The state government has been organising a number of Investors Meets by spending crores. After every such meet, it was announced that so much amount will be invested in the state," the letter said.
Singh said he wanted to know from Chouhan the number of such meets held, expenditure incurred by state for organising them and and actual flow of investment till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Mood swings! What's on Parineeti Chopra's mind?
- WATCH: IPL 2016 final highlights: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!
- This latest OK JAANU pic shows Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor are so much in love!
- Major trouble for Tanmay Bhat! Raj Thackeray-led MNS vows to thrash him for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar