Digvijay for viability report on Narmada-Kshipra river project
Bhopal: Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh today appealed to Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to make public the viability reports of the proposed Narmada-Kshipra river linking project.
"Till date the chief minister has not provided the detailed project report and cost benefit analysis about the project," Singh said in a letter to Chouhan, the copy of which he has forwarded to media.
The foundation stone for the project, supposed to provide drinking water to 70 cities and 7,000 villages in the state, was laid by the chief minister recently.
Appealing Chouhan to put the entire information about the project in public domain, Singh said he should be provided with the details of the project.
In another letter to Chouhan, Singh has sought a status report regarding investment flow in the state since 2004, as highlighted in various investors meets.
"The state government has been organising a number of Investors Meets by spending crores. After every such meet, it was announced that so much amount will be invested in the state," the letter said.
Singh said he wanted to know from Chouhan the number of such meets held, expenditure incurred by state for organising them and and actual flow of investment till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state