Digvijay`s son may contest assembly polls from Raghogarh
Raghogarh: AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh`s son Jaivardhan formally joined Congress Wednesday amid indications that he might contest upcoming Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections from Raghogarh constituency, which has been nurtured by his father over a period of time.
Jaivardhan (27), an alumnus of Doon school, who did his graduation from SRCC in Delhi University, and MBA in rural development at America`s Columbia University, became member of Congress by signing a membership form at a function held here in Guna district.
Jaivardhan`s father and former chief minister Digvijay Singh is the 13th Raja of the royal Raghogarh family.
When asked if Jaivardhan would be fielded from the constituency, Digvijay replied that "the party`s election committee will take a decision on this".
Digvijay began his political career from Raghogarh by becoming president of the municipal committee in 1971 and then as Congress MLA in 1977.
The senior Congress leader had said that he would contest Lok Sabha elections in 2014 if the party asked him to do so.
Speculations are rife that Jaivardhan, who had conducted a six-day padayatra in Raghogarh last year as Youth Congress member, will cut his teeth by joining the family profession.
"Now, Jaivardhan will take care of problems of Raghogarh," Digvijay said in what is seen as an endorsement of this point of view.
In his brief address, Jaivardhan said, "I will do everything to serve the people of Raghogarh".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh