Digvijay`s son may contest assembly polls from Raghogarh
Raghogarh: AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh`s son Jaivardhan formally joined Congress Wednesday amid indications that he might contest upcoming Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections from Raghogarh constituency, which has been nurtured by his father over a period of time.
Jaivardhan (27), an alumnus of Doon school, who did his graduation from SRCC in Delhi University, and MBA in rural development at America`s Columbia University, became member of Congress by signing a membership form at a function held here in Guna district.
Jaivardhan`s father and former chief minister Digvijay Singh is the 13th Raja of the royal Raghogarh family.
When asked if Jaivardhan would be fielded from the constituency, Digvijay replied that "the party`s election committee will take a decision on this".
Digvijay began his political career from Raghogarh by becoming president of the municipal committee in 1971 and then as Congress MLA in 1977.
The senior Congress leader had said that he would contest Lok Sabha elections in 2014 if the party asked him to do so.
Speculations are rife that Jaivardhan, who had conducted a six-day padayatra in Raghogarh last year as Youth Congress member, will cut his teeth by joining the family profession.
"Now, Jaivardhan will take care of problems of Raghogarh," Digvijay said in what is seen as an endorsement of this point of view.
In his brief address, Jaivardhan said, "I will do everything to serve the people of Raghogarh".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming