EC issues poll code violation notice against MP minister
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi/Bhopal: The Election Commission on Wednesday issued a notice to Madhya Pradesh Industries Minister Kailash Vijayvargiya for violating the model code of conduct ahead of the Assembly Elections in the state next month.
The EC issued the notice for poll code violation over his money distribution remarks.
Kailash Vijayvargiya had flouted the model code of conduct by doling out Rs 100 notes to girls at a function. Vijayvargiya was caught on camera while distributing cash.
Following uproar over the incident, the minister clarified that he was not seeking to bribe voters.
Vijayvargiya said he distributed the cash as part of a ritual at a religious function organised to honour girls in Mhow. According to him, offering money to girls was part of the tradition.
Angered at the hue and cry, Vijayvargiya reportedly said that he doesn’t believe in such a model code of conduct and may not even run for office in protest.
The opposition Congress had yesterday filed a complaint with the poll panel seeking "appropriate" action against the BJP leader.
Madhya Pradesh goes to polls on November 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you