Father, brother arrested for killing girl, her friend
Mandla: Three persons, including the father and brother of a girl, were arrested for allegedly strangulating her to death along with her male friend, police said on Wednesday.
The bodies of a 19-year-old girl and her friend Sunil Maravi (21), both residents of Majhipura village in the district, were recovered on the intervening night of July 15 and 16 in the village, they said.
The duo had known each other for some years but the girl got married to another youth last year.
The girl`s family was reportedly against their friendship and since she continued to meet Sunil, her father Sadan, brother Manoj and brother-in-law Dinesh allegedly decided to kill the duo and subsequently strangled them.
The three accused were arrested yesterday and charged under Ssections 302 (murder) and 201 (destroying evidence) of the IPC, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future