Former BHEL DGM commits suicide
Bhopal: A retired manager of public sector major Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited allegedly committed suicide at his residence in Alkapuri area here by consuming some poisonous substance.
The body of M P Agrawal (59), retired BHEL Deputy General Manager (DGM), was found in a decomposed state two days ago.
The deceased had taken voluntary retirement from service and was living alone at his Alkapuri residence.
He has left a handwritten suicide note dated March 26, which mentions that he was under depression because of property-related disputes.
The suicide note also mentioned that his property in Indore was sold off by his brothers-in-law, who were also eyeing his Alkapuri residence here, the police said.
Though his brother tried to call him on Holi, he did not respond, after which the police reached his house, only to find him dead.
BHEL sources said that Agarwal`s voluntary retirement scheme (VRS) application was approved this month. The former BHEL official had separated from his wife who lives in Indore.
His two children, a son and a daughter, are married and settled in the US and Bengaluru respectively, the police said, adding that efforts to contact them over phone proved futile.
The deceased`s elder brother, who also lives in the state capital, met him before Holi and on that day, and the retired official had hinted that he was depressed because of property-related disputes.
When he went to visit the official again, he found his residence`s door shut from inside and got no response, after which he informed the police.
The police arrived and found his residence`s doors locked but a key was found in the letter box using which the door was opened and his body was found, along with a suicide note which is being examined.
A case has been registered by the Bagh Sevania police station and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone