Haj pilgrims from Bhopal leave for Mecca
Bhopal: The last Haj flight with 65 pilgrims from the city left late last night for the holy city of Mecca via Bangalore from the Raja Bhoj International Airport here.
The Air India flight left Bhopal around 2200 hours for Jeddah via Bangalore, Haj committee executive officer Dawood Ahmad Khan told reporters.
The pilgrims boarded the flight after a grand dua (prayer) for peace and safe Haj.
Emotional scenes were witnessed at the transit point at Tajul Masjid and airport where a large number of relatives and friends were present to the see off the pilgrims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan