Haj pilgrims from Bhopal leave for Mecca
Bhopal: The last Haj flight with 65 pilgrims from the city left late last night for the holy city of Mecca via Bangalore from the Raja Bhoj International Airport here.
The Air India flight left Bhopal around 2200 hours for Jeddah via Bangalore, Haj committee executive officer Dawood Ahmad Khan told reporters.
The pilgrims boarded the flight after a grand dua (prayer) for peace and safe Haj.
Emotional scenes were witnessed at the transit point at Tajul Masjid and airport where a large number of relatives and friends were present to the see off the pilgrims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Zee Media special report on International Fleet Review
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another