Haj pilgrims from Bhopal leave for Mecca
Bhopal: The last Haj flight with 65 pilgrims from the city left late last night for the holy city of Mecca via Bangalore from the Raja Bhoj International Airport here.
The Air India flight left Bhopal around 2200 hours for Jeddah via Bangalore, Haj committee executive officer Dawood Ahmad Khan told reporters.
The pilgrims boarded the flight after a grand dua (prayer) for peace and safe Haj.
Emotional scenes were witnessed at the transit point at Tajul Masjid and airport where a large number of relatives and friends were present to the see off the pilgrims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport