Haj pilgrims from Bhopal leave for Mecca
Bhopal: The last Haj flight with 65 pilgrims from the city left late last night for the holy city of Mecca via Bangalore from the Raja Bhoj International Airport here.
The Air India flight left Bhopal around 2200 hours for Jeddah via Bangalore, Haj committee executive officer Dawood Ahmad Khan told reporters.
The pilgrims boarded the flight after a grand dua (prayer) for peace and safe Haj.
Emotional scenes were witnessed at the transit point at Tajul Masjid and airport where a large number of relatives and friends were present to the see off the pilgrims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened