Haj pilgrims from Bhopal leave for Mecca
Bhopal: The last Haj flight with 65 pilgrims from the city left late last night for the holy city of Mecca via Bangalore from the Raja Bhoj International Airport here.
The Air India flight left Bhopal around 2200 hours for Jeddah via Bangalore, Haj committee executive officer Dawood Ahmad Khan told reporters.
The pilgrims boarded the flight after a grand dua (prayer) for peace and safe Haj.
Emotional scenes were witnessed at the transit point at Tajul Masjid and airport where a large number of relatives and friends were present to the see off the pilgrims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!