High alert in Naxal-hit Balaghat district in MP
Balaghat: A high alert has been sounded in the Naxal-affected Balaghat district in Madhya Pradesh following kidnapping of an IAS officer from Sukma district of neighbouring Chhattisgarh with the police advising public representatives and officials to carry adequate security while touring remote areas.
"In view of the rising incidents of naxal activities in the country, officials and public representatives were advised to remain alert and should take adequate security with them while going on tours," Balaghat`s Superintendent of Police (SP) Sachin Atulkar told reporters.
He said that it had been observed that many times number of officials and leaders went on tours without informing police and thus exposing themselves to attacks by the ultras.
The MLAs Ramesh Bhatere (Lanjhi), Ramkishore Kawde (Paraswada) and Bhagat Netam (Baihar) were specially advised to inform police about their tour programmes in advance and remain alert.
The security situation in Balaghat district was being reviewed, the SP said, adding that search operations in Dabri, Sulsuli and Tikapal forest areas bordering Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh have been intensified on tip off of Naxal movement there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach