High alert in Naxal-hit Balaghat district in MP
Balaghat: A high alert has been sounded in the Naxal-affected Balaghat district in Madhya Pradesh following kidnapping of an IAS officer from Sukma district of neighbouring Chhattisgarh with the police advising public representatives and officials to carry adequate security while touring remote areas.
"In view of the rising incidents of naxal activities in the country, officials and public representatives were advised to remain alert and should take adequate security with them while going on tours," Balaghat`s Superintendent of Police (SP) Sachin Atulkar told reporters.
He said that it had been observed that many times number of officials and leaders went on tours without informing police and thus exposing themselves to attacks by the ultras.
The MLAs Ramesh Bhatere (Lanjhi), Ramkishore Kawde (Paraswada) and Bhagat Netam (Baihar) were specially advised to inform police about their tour programmes in advance and remain alert.
The security situation in Balaghat district was being reviewed, the SP said, adding that search operations in Dabri, Sulsuli and Tikapal forest areas bordering Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh have been intensified on tip off of Naxal movement there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi