I-T dept seeks details of political parties for MP polls
Bhopal: Political parties in Madhya Pradesh contesting the Assembly elections will have to submit details of their expenses before the polls.
Assembly elections in the state are slated to be held around year end.
According to official information, the Income Tax Department has asked for a list of political parties that will contest the elections.
The department will look into sources of income of various candidates, who are given tickets by parties to contest the elections.
Sources in the election office said candidates of political parties and independent nominees will have to submit returns of their income for the last three years.
They will also have to disclose the sources from where they got donations in the last three years, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh