I-T dept seeks details of political parties for MP polls
Bhopal: Political parties in Madhya Pradesh contesting the Assembly elections will have to submit details of their expenses before the polls.
Assembly elections in the state are slated to be held around year end.
According to official information, the Income Tax Department has asked for a list of political parties that will contest the elections.
The department will look into sources of income of various candidates, who are given tickets by parties to contest the elections.
Sources in the election office said candidates of political parties and independent nominees will have to submit returns of their income for the last three years.
They will also have to disclose the sources from where they got donations in the last three years, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery