I-T dept seeks details of political parties for MP polls
Bhopal: Political parties in Madhya Pradesh contesting the Assembly elections will have to submit details of their expenses before the polls.
Assembly elections in the state are slated to be held around year end.
According to official information, the Income Tax Department has asked for a list of political parties that will contest the elections.
The department will look into sources of income of various candidates, who are given tickets by parties to contest the elections.
Sources in the election office said candidates of political parties and independent nominees will have to submit returns of their income for the last three years.
They will also have to disclose the sources from where they got donations in the last three years, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- CM Mehbooba Mufti favours abrogation of AFSPA from parts of J&K; says if successful it can be revoked in entirety
- EPFO likely to raise equity investment to 10%
- West Indies vs India: Statistical highlights — Records for Saha, pace pair Shami and Yadav
- West Indies vs India, 1st Test: 5-star Ashwin dominates hosts on Day 4
- Televangelist Zakir Naik's aides make startling revelations, it will shock you -- Read