I-T dept seeks details of political parties for MP polls
Bhopal: Political parties in Madhya Pradesh contesting the Assembly elections will have to submit details of their expenses before the polls.
Assembly elections in the state are slated to be held around year end.
According to official information, the Income Tax Department has asked for a list of political parties that will contest the elections.
The department will look into sources of income of various candidates, who are given tickets by parties to contest the elections.
Sources in the election office said candidates of political parties and independent nominees will have to submit returns of their income for the last three years.
They will also have to disclose the sources from where they got donations in the last three years, the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists