I-T dept seeks details of political parties for MP polls
Bhopal: Political parties in Madhya Pradesh contesting the Assembly elections will have to submit details of their expenses before the polls.
Assembly elections in the state are slated to be held around year end.
According to official information, the Income Tax Department has asked for a list of political parties that will contest the elections.
The department will look into sources of income of various candidates, who are given tickets by parties to contest the elections.
Sources in the election office said candidates of political parties and independent nominees will have to submit returns of their income for the last three years.
They will also have to disclose the sources from where they got donations in the last three years, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions