Issue of malnutrition shows governance of BJP in MP
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary, Digvijay Singh on Friday said that the issue of malnutrition and children`s death, as reported to the United Nations` Human Rights Council, reflects the governance style of the BJP government in the state.
"The report says that 71.4 percent of tribal children in the state are malnourished, 82.5 percent children Anemic and 43 children died during the last three months in three villages of Jhabua district," Digvijay said in a statement.
He said that the report was based only on a survey of the four districts of Rewa, Khandwa, Sidhi and Jhabua and added that the situation might be worse in other areas.
The former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister said that the
national average for malnourished children was 46 but this was
as high as 60 in Madhya Pradesh.
He said the fact that the health budget of the state
government was only 2.4 percent of the entire budget showed
the insensitivity of the Government towards health issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway