Issue of malnutrition shows governance of BJP in MP
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary, Digvijay Singh on Friday said that the issue of malnutrition and children`s death, as reported to the United Nations` Human Rights Council, reflects the governance style of the BJP government in the state.
"The report says that 71.4 percent of tribal children in the state are malnourished, 82.5 percent children Anemic and 43 children died during the last three months in three villages of Jhabua district," Digvijay said in a statement.
He said that the report was based only on a survey of the four districts of Rewa, Khandwa, Sidhi and Jhabua and added that the situation might be worse in other areas.
The former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister said that the
national average for malnourished children was 46 but this was
as high as 60 in Madhya Pradesh.
He said the fact that the health budget of the state
government was only 2.4 percent of the entire budget showed
the insensitivity of the Government towards health issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Attention cinema lovers, Will Smith was a guest at Akshay Kumar's success party! – See pics
- Six scientists end year-long Mars mission
- I have made many fashion blunders: Karisma Kapoor
- Hyundai to bring hybrids to India by next year
- Los Angeles Police say reports of gunfire at airport were false alarm, 'Zorro' detained