Jail inmate escapes from TB ward in MP
Indore: An undertrial jail inmate undergoing treatment at TB ward of MY Hospital here escaped after sawing off his handcuff, police said Saturday.
The incident took place last night and three cops --Shivnarayan, Yateendra Baurasi, and Deepak Thapa--present on duty in another hall were suspended for dereliction of duty and negligence, the Superintendent of Police (East) O P Tripathi told a news agency.
The accused inmate Bhanupratap (32), was undertrial at the Additional District Judge in Indore for alleged kidnap, murder and throwing body of one Patwari Luvdas Bairagi of Annpurna Nagar last year, the SP said.
The cops were advised by TB doctors to stay away from the ward, he SP said.
The inmate was shifted from Central Jail here to the TB hospital on November 6 following illness, he said.
A separate case under section 224 of IPC was lodged against the fleeing inmate, he said, adding cops were put on alert on all check posts near Indore border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter