Jail inmate escapes from TB ward in MP
Indore: An undertrial jail inmate undergoing treatment at TB ward of MY Hospital here escaped after sawing off his handcuff, police said Saturday.
The incident took place last night and three cops --Shivnarayan, Yateendra Baurasi, and Deepak Thapa--present on duty in another hall were suspended for dereliction of duty and negligence, the Superintendent of Police (East) O P Tripathi told a news agency.
The accused inmate Bhanupratap (32), was undertrial at the Additional District Judge in Indore for alleged kidnap, murder and throwing body of one Patwari Luvdas Bairagi of Annpurna Nagar last year, the SP said.
The cops were advised by TB doctors to stay away from the ward, he SP said.
The inmate was shifted from Central Jail here to the TB hospital on November 6 following illness, he said.
A separate case under section 224 of IPC was lodged against the fleeing inmate, he said, adding cops were put on alert on all check posts near Indore border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway