Judgement reserved in case related to hurting Sikh sentiments
Indore: A local court reserved its judgement today on a revision petition filed on the issue of Narayan Sai allegedly hurting Sikh religious sentiments by sporting a Sikh style turban and beard, when he was nabbed by the police.
The decision was reserved by the Additional Session Judge AK Paliwal until July 22 after hearing arguments on behalf of Yuva Sikh Morcha`s Gagandeep Singh Bhatia in the matter.
Earlier, a lower court had dismissed a petition against Sai on the ground that merely sporting turban and beard like a Sikh by a rape accused doesn`t amount to hurting religious sentiments, Gagandeep`s lawyer Inderjeet Singh Bhatia told reporters.
However, in his revision petition Gagandeep contended that religious sentiments of the Sikh community was hurt when rape accused Narayan Sai evaded arrest donning the look of a Sikh, because it gave a wrong message to society. Therefore, the trial against him should take place in a court of law under relevant sections, the revision petition said.
Narayan Sai, along with his two associates was nabbed from Haryana for allegedly raping a 30-year-old woman based in Surat on December 4, after evading arrest for nearly 58 days.
When Narayan Sai was caught, he had allegedly disguised himself to look like a Sikh by sporting a red turban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in