Judgement reserved in case related to hurting Sikh sentiments
Indore: A local court reserved its judgement today on a revision petition filed on the issue of Narayan Sai allegedly hurting Sikh religious sentiments by sporting a Sikh style turban and beard, when he was nabbed by the police.
The decision was reserved by the Additional Session Judge AK Paliwal until July 22 after hearing arguments on behalf of Yuva Sikh Morcha`s Gagandeep Singh Bhatia in the matter.
Earlier, a lower court had dismissed a petition against Sai on the ground that merely sporting turban and beard like a Sikh by a rape accused doesn`t amount to hurting religious sentiments, Gagandeep`s lawyer Inderjeet Singh Bhatia told reporters.
However, in his revision petition Gagandeep contended that religious sentiments of the Sikh community was hurt when rape accused Narayan Sai evaded arrest donning the look of a Sikh, because it gave a wrong message to society. Therefore, the trial against him should take place in a court of law under relevant sections, the revision petition said.
Narayan Sai, along with his two associates was nabbed from Haryana for allegedly raping a 30-year-old woman based in Surat on December 4, after evading arrest for nearly 58 days.
When Narayan Sai was caught, he had allegedly disguised himself to look like a Sikh by sporting a red turban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack