Local court issues non-bailable warrant against Digvijay Singh
Ujjain: A local court here on Tuesday issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh and Ujjain`s Congress MP Prem Chand Guddu after they failed to appear before it in connection with a case against them and others for allegedly thrashing Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) workers.
BJYM workers were chased and beaten up allegedly by Congressmen, including Singh and Guddu, on July 17, 2011 when they tried to show them black flags protesting against a remark by the Congress General Secretary.
Following this, a case was registered against Congress leaders Jai Singh, Anant Narayan Meena, Mukesh Bhati and Amar Lal.
Later, an application was moved in the local court with a plea to make Singh, Guddu, Hemant Chouhan and Dilip Choudhary accused in the case, after which the court had admitted the plea and issued summons to them.
Except Digvijay Singh and Guddu, others were granted bail by the court when they appeared in the case.
However, Digvijay Singh and Guddu did not appear in the court today and moved a plea seeking exemption from personal appearance in the case. But the Tenth Additional Sessions Judge Dipesh Tiwari rejected their plea and issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against them.
The court has fixed April 30 as the next date of hearing in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested