Madhya Pradesh: 7 children killed, 9 injured in wall collapse
Khandwa: Seven children were killed and nine others, including adults and minors, were injured in neighbouring Burhanpur district when boundary wall of a religious place collapsed due to heavy rains, police said.
The mishap occurred last night when the 40-feet high boundary wall of a gurudwara, situated in Daulatpura area, collapsed following heavy rains trapping people sleeping in a number of huts constructed nearby, Shikarpura police station in-charge Ajit Tiwari told reporters.
Among the injured, the condition of two was serious and they were referred to Indore, he said adding that the others were undergoing treatment in the district hospital.
The deceased were identified as Jainub Altaf (15), Usman Altaf (11), Mohsin Altaf (13), Asma Hafiz (02), Manisha (1) Sannisa (4 months) and Afreen (6 months).
The victims belonged to four different families, he said.
A case has been registered in this regard and further investigations are on, police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living