Madhya Pradesh: Stampede at Kamtanath temple, 10 people dead
Zee Media Bureau
Satna: At least ten people were killed and over 60 injured in stampede at Kamtanath Pahad temple in Satna district in Madhya Pradesh early Monday.
Reports said that the stampede happened at around 6 am after large number of pilgrims had gathered at the Kamtanath temple in Chitrakoot on the occasion of `Amavasya` to offer prayers on the auspicious occasion of Somvati Amavasya.
"Ten people were killed and over 60 are suspected to be injured in the stampede," Collector ML Meena said.
Devotees, mostly women, encircle the mountain by lying and rolling on the path for worship. The presence of a large crowd resulted in a stampede in the area leaving 10 dead, he said.
The BJP government-led by Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced a a compensation of Rs two lakh for the families of the deceased and Rs 50000 for the seriously injured and Rs 10,000 to those who suffered minor injuries.
The exact number of persons injured in the stampede will be known later as Collector and other senior officials have rushed to the spot from Satna to take stock of the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog