Minor Dalit girl sets herself ablaze after being molested
Sagar: A minor Dalit girl set herself ablaze, since she was disturbed as a youth allegedly had molested her in Garhakota town in the district, police said here on Monday.
The victim took the extreme step after a youth identified as Nilesh Ladia, allegedly molested her, they said, adding that her father had lodged a complaint.
The 16-year-old girl suffered 100 percent burn injuries and is under treatment at the district hospital, the police said.
Allegedly, Ladia had threatened her that if she did not respond to his overtures, then she would have to face the consequences when she went to school to appear for examinations, her father said in his complaint.
Additional Superintendent of Police DR Teniwar said that since the victim was unable to record her statement until now, the police registered a case on the basis of her father`s complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Why are people going so crazy over Reliance Jio test SIM
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth
- Govinda ala re! Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami to all—See inside
- This is how CPI-M countered BJP’s Janmashtami procession in Kerala
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China