Minor Dalit girl sets herself ablaze after being molested
Sagar: A minor Dalit girl set herself ablaze, since she was disturbed as a youth allegedly had molested her in Garhakota town in the district, police said here on Monday.
The victim took the extreme step after a youth identified as Nilesh Ladia, allegedly molested her, they said, adding that her father had lodged a complaint.
The 16-year-old girl suffered 100 percent burn injuries and is under treatment at the district hospital, the police said.
Allegedly, Ladia had threatened her that if she did not respond to his overtures, then she would have to face the consequences when she went to school to appear for examinations, her father said in his complaint.
Additional Superintendent of Police DR Teniwar said that since the victim was unable to record her statement until now, the police registered a case on the basis of her father`s complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach