Minor Dalit girl sets herself ablaze after being molested
Sagar: A minor Dalit girl set herself ablaze, since she was disturbed as a youth allegedly had molested her in Garhakota town in the district, police said here on Monday.
The victim took the extreme step after a youth identified as Nilesh Ladia, allegedly molested her, they said, adding that her father had lodged a complaint.
The 16-year-old girl suffered 100 percent burn injuries and is under treatment at the district hospital, the police said.
Allegedly, Ladia had threatened her that if she did not respond to his overtures, then she would have to face the consequences when she went to school to appear for examinations, her father said in his complaint.
Additional Superintendent of Police DR Teniwar said that since the victim was unable to record her statement until now, the police registered a case on the basis of her father`s complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees