Minor Dalit girl sets herself ablaze after being molested
Sagar: A minor Dalit girl set herself ablaze, since she was disturbed as a youth allegedly had molested her in Garhakota town in the district, police said here on Monday.
The victim took the extreme step after a youth identified as Nilesh Ladia, allegedly molested her, they said, adding that her father had lodged a complaint.
The 16-year-old girl suffered 100 percent burn injuries and is under treatment at the district hospital, the police said.
Allegedly, Ladia had threatened her that if she did not respond to his overtures, then she would have to face the consequences when she went to school to appear for examinations, her father said in his complaint.
Additional Superintendent of Police DR Teniwar said that since the victim was unable to record her statement until now, the police registered a case on the basis of her father`s complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan
- Landslides close Jammu-Srinagar highway; Amarnath Yatra suspended
- Italian leaders vow to prevent terrorist attacks