Miscreants` attack TV news channel reporter, cop
Indore: A local TV news channel reporter and a constable were injured when unidentified miscreants attacked them, hitting the girl`s scooter and hurling objectionable remarks at her at a traffic intersection near Lantern Circle here last night, the police said.
SR News channel reporter Deepika Agarwal received bruises and wounded her fingers while constable Vikas Katre present on duty also suffered minor injuries when he tried to protect the girl from the miscreants who came on a motorcycle, Tukoganj police station in-charge Ashok Tiwari said.
Both were discharged from a hospital after treatment, he said.
The incident occurred when the reporter`s scooter was hit by motorcycle carrying the miscreants passing objectionable remarks. She was also hit with a tiffin box, he said.
The constable tried to catch them but he too was hit by the miscreants, he said.
A case under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) has been registered and the police are on the look out for the attackers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video