Modi chooses open podium to bulletproof enclosure at rally
Bhopal: Notwithstanding security threat, BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Monday delivered his speech in the state capital from an open podium instead of a bullet-proof one.
Though security officials had put up a bullet-proof enclosure for Modi, he addressed the rally from an open stage for nearly 45 minutes.
However, bullet-proof enclosures for Modi for whom the BJP leaders were demanding SPG like security, were not made at Chhattarpur, Sagar and Guna where he addressed rallies ahead of the November 25 Assembly polls in Madhya Pradesh, earlier in the day.
During his address here, Modi engaged the audience in his trademark style on various issues and also hit out at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
Modi expressed confidence that BJP government would come to power at the Centre in 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"I have come here only to earn some sacred reward for the BJP`s win in the assembly elections," he said.
Modi said the Congress, which ruled Madhya Pradesh for a very long period, had brought the state to the brink of destruction.
"It was BJP which has ushered in development in Madhya Pradesh during the last 10 years," he said.
"India can become a powerful nation in the 21st Century only if the power of youth, who constitute 65 per cent of the nation`s population, is properly utilised," he added.
Madhya Pradesh former chief ministers Sunderlal Patwa and Kailash Joshi, besides BJP candidates from Bhopal district and other leaders were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Jharkhand wants 5 more batallions of CRPF to fight Naxals
- UN can't verify incendiary bombs in Syria, concerned by reports
- Stop trafficking with a click! New TraffickCam app targets sex workers
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside