Modi chooses open podium to bulletproof enclosure at rally
Bhopal: Notwithstanding security threat, BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Monday delivered his speech in the state capital from an open podium instead of a bullet-proof one.
Though security officials had put up a bullet-proof enclosure for Modi, he addressed the rally from an open stage for nearly 45 minutes.
However, bullet-proof enclosures for Modi for whom the BJP leaders were demanding SPG like security, were not made at Chhattarpur, Sagar and Guna where he addressed rallies ahead of the November 25 Assembly polls in Madhya Pradesh, earlier in the day.
During his address here, Modi engaged the audience in his trademark style on various issues and also hit out at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
Modi expressed confidence that BJP government would come to power at the Centre in 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"I have come here only to earn some sacred reward for the BJP`s win in the assembly elections," he said.
Modi said the Congress, which ruled Madhya Pradesh for a very long period, had brought the state to the brink of destruction.
"It was BJP which has ushered in development in Madhya Pradesh during the last 10 years," he said.
"India can become a powerful nation in the 21st Century only if the power of youth, who constitute 65 per cent of the nation`s population, is properly utilised," he added.
Madhya Pradesh former chief ministers Sunderlal Patwa and Kailash Joshi, besides BJP candidates from Bhopal district and other leaders were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest