MP Assembly adjourns; Oppn creates ruckus on dumper scam
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly was on Thursday adjourned sine die after the main Opposition Congress created a ruckus in the House following rejection of their notice
under rule 130 on the issue of dumper scam allegedly involving the state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
The Opposition members also threw paper missiles at the Chair and Kalpana Parulekar kept bangles on the Speaker`s table, to protest against former RSS Chief, KS Sudarshan`s
remarks against Congress President, Sonia Gandhi.
As the House assembled for the Question Hour in the morning, the Opposition members raised the issue of corruption and their notice despite repeated pleas from the Speaker,
Ishwardas Rohani to let the House continue with its scheduled business.
When the Opposition members did not relent, the Chair adjourned the House first till 1100 hours and later again till 1130 hours as there was no change in the prevailing situation.
After that, when the Chair rejected the Opposition`s notice for a discussion on dumper scam and corruption charges against the ministers, the Opposition members rushed to the
well of the House and threw papers at the chair.
Though Opposition was creating ruckus in the House, listed business of the day including the state`s second supplementary budget, was passed without any discussion.
Later, the Speaker adjourned the House sine die when the Opposition continued with its unruly behaviour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof