MP Assembly adjourns; Oppn creates ruckus on dumper scam
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly was on Thursday adjourned sine die after the main Opposition Congress created a ruckus in the House following rejection of their notice
under rule 130 on the issue of dumper scam allegedly involving the state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
The Opposition members also threw paper missiles at the Chair and Kalpana Parulekar kept bangles on the Speaker`s table, to protest against former RSS Chief, KS Sudarshan`s
remarks against Congress President, Sonia Gandhi.
As the House assembled for the Question Hour in the morning, the Opposition members raised the issue of corruption and their notice despite repeated pleas from the Speaker,
Ishwardas Rohani to let the House continue with its scheduled business.
When the Opposition members did not relent, the Chair adjourned the House first till 1100 hours and later again till 1130 hours as there was no change in the prevailing situation.
After that, when the Chair rejected the Opposition`s notice for a discussion on dumper scam and corruption charges against the ministers, the Opposition members rushed to the
well of the House and threw papers at the chair.
Though Opposition was creating ruckus in the House, listed business of the day including the state`s second supplementary budget, was passed without any discussion.
Later, the Speaker adjourned the House sine die when the Opposition continued with its unruly behaviour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends