MP Assembly adjourns; Oppn creates ruckus on dumper scam
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly was on Thursday adjourned sine die after the main Opposition Congress created a ruckus in the House following rejection of their notice
under rule 130 on the issue of dumper scam allegedly involving the state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
The Opposition members also threw paper missiles at the Chair and Kalpana Parulekar kept bangles on the Speaker`s table, to protest against former RSS Chief, KS Sudarshan`s
remarks against Congress President, Sonia Gandhi.
As the House assembled for the Question Hour in the morning, the Opposition members raised the issue of corruption and their notice despite repeated pleas from the Speaker,
Ishwardas Rohani to let the House continue with its scheduled business.
When the Opposition members did not relent, the Chair adjourned the House first till 1100 hours and later again till 1130 hours as there was no change in the prevailing situation.
After that, when the Chair rejected the Opposition`s notice for a discussion on dumper scam and corruption charges against the ministers, the Opposition members rushed to the
well of the House and threw papers at the chair.
Though Opposition was creating ruckus in the House, listed business of the day including the state`s second supplementary budget, was passed without any discussion.
Later, the Speaker adjourned the House sine die when the Opposition continued with its unruly behaviour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks