MP Assembly adjourns; Oppn creates ruckus on dumper scam
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly was on Thursday adjourned sine die after the main Opposition Congress created a ruckus in the House following rejection of their notice
under rule 130 on the issue of dumper scam allegedly involving the state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
The Opposition members also threw paper missiles at the Chair and Kalpana Parulekar kept bangles on the Speaker`s table, to protest against former RSS Chief, KS Sudarshan`s
remarks against Congress President, Sonia Gandhi.
As the House assembled for the Question Hour in the morning, the Opposition members raised the issue of corruption and their notice despite repeated pleas from the Speaker,
Ishwardas Rohani to let the House continue with its scheduled business.
When the Opposition members did not relent, the Chair adjourned the House first till 1100 hours and later again till 1130 hours as there was no change in the prevailing situation.
After that, when the Chair rejected the Opposition`s notice for a discussion on dumper scam and corruption charges against the ministers, the Opposition members rushed to the
well of the House and threw papers at the chair.
Though Opposition was creating ruckus in the House, listed business of the day including the state`s second supplementary budget, was passed without any discussion.
Later, the Speaker adjourned the House sine die when the Opposition continued with its unruly behaviour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test